Chromecast is a thumb-sized media streaming device that plugs into the HDMI port on your TV. Set it up with a simple mobile app, then send your favorite online shows, movies, music and more to your TV using your smartphone, tablet or laptop. (Learn from Chromecast Official Website )
Why Chromecast is popular?
Google Chromecast has supplanted Apple TV as the second most popular digital media player in the U.S. from a report. The top one is Roku.
Here is the reason:
- Apple TV’s competition is increasing
- While Roku learned from Chromecast’s success, Apple hasn’t yet taken the hint
- Apple TV is in need of an upgrade
Issues about Chromecast
Issue 1: How to send video files from PC, Mac or mobile devices to TV via Chromecast? Any apps recommended?
Issue 2: Chromecast is capable casting Netflix, YouTube, Google Play Movies, Hulu, HBO Go and many others onto your TV. However, as for local files such as MKV, Chromecast doesn’t have this function.
Issue 3: Connectivity is one of the biggest factors in streaming to your Chromecast. If your connection isn’t up to it, or the Chromecast has problems communication with your wireless access point, then playback is going to be painful. Any solutions?Solutions for ChromecastSolution for streaming issues
With Chromecast, we can enjoy videos, music, and more on TV from computer and other devices with our family and friends with suitable ways. Setup and Use Chromecast is easy, but how to stream? Here is a list of solutions:
- Stream Local Video to Chromecast from Windows/Mac/Android/iOS
- Stream Content from computer or Mobile Device to Chromecast
It is amazing for streaming video. However, Chromecast has limitation in the input formats. Only video containers MP4 and WebM encoded with Video codecs H.264 High Profile Level 4.1, 4.2 and 5, VP8 and audio codecs HE-AAC, LC-AAC, CELT/Opus, MP3, Vorbis are compatible with Chromecast.
To stream all kinds of videos to Chromecast (including the unsupported files) for playback, here is the methods:
- Stream iTunes TV series to Chromecast
- Cast Blu-ray/DVD movies to Google Chromecast
- Transfer Blu-ray/DVD ISO files to Chromecast
Solution for other common issues
How to Troubleshoot Common Chromecast Issues
More useful tools for Chromecast
Which is the best solution to convert Blu-ray, DVD, video and edit them before streaming to Chromecast.
1. Top Blu-ray Ripper: For people who want to transfer Blu-ray movies to Chromecast, you may need to roll off disc protection, choose target video format and adjust the best video size/bitrate/frame rate for Chromecast.
2. Top DVD Ripper: You cannot miss a DVD to Chromecast Converter if you want to move DVD to your Chromecast.
3. Top Multi-track BD/DVD Ripper: Not tech-savvy but wanna transfer Blu-ray/DVD for watching with multiple languages on media players via Chromecast? Then a Multi-track preserving tool can finish your task within a few simple clicks.
4. Top Ultimate Video Converter: Need an excellent all-in-one solution to convert any media files, including rental or purchased Blu-ray, DVD, HD videos from Camcorders, all standard videos, online YouTube videos, TV shows, movies downloads etc for playing via Chromecast? All these can be solved with an easy-to-use video and audio converter.
5. Top DRM Removal: We can't stream iTunes purchased or rented TV shows to Chromecast because of the Apple's Fairplay DRM protection unless we have a DRM converting tool to strip the iTunes DRM protection, and then do an iTunes m4v to Chromecast compatible formats recording without quality loss.
These Pavtube converting tools can help your get out of all compatibility issues for Chromecast and other latest mobiles & tablets, such as Roku, Plex, PS3, NAS, Xbox, Galaxy Tab S, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3, iPhone, Google Nexus 6, Nexus 9, and other devices. (Read Pavtube Softwares Comparison)
More Chromecast Tips
10 Practice Way to Use Chromecast
As you see, Chromecast tips and tricks are all covered in this page above to help you use the device more effectively. If you have any suggestions, or any questions, please contact us the comment box below.